Oncology Medical Science Liaison – East of England (Cambridge, Leicester, Nottingham, Newcastle)
• Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with RBD structures.
• Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions.
• Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches.
• Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with other Medical functions.
• Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences.
• Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information.
• Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents.
• Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication.
• Organization and participation in Medical Education activities: Identify/support/educate speakers.
• Act as a reference point for Sales Representatives for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate.
• Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution (in close co-operation with HQ and CROs).
• Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
• Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
• Manage field based medical projects.
• Ensure a link between HQ, local Medical Dept. and KOLs.
• Contribute the pre-launch and launch steps of new products providing scientific support.
• Represent DS at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, etc at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
• Supports medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
• Assists with the scientific review, development, approval, execution and communication of affiliate medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
• Visit Key Accounts and Key Opinion Leaders to answer any medical/scientific questions concerning the molecule / product.
• Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs’ scientific activities.
• Ability to work independently.
• A PhD is strongly preferred; however a degree must be gained in one or more of the following disciplines: medicine, nursing, pharmacy or the pharmaceutical/life sciences.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of MSL and or Medical Affairs and/or research and development experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry, including experience in Oncology.
• Must have an in-depth understanding of MSLs role and process.
• Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment.
• Ability to interact externally and internally to support the business strategy.
• Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols.
• Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills.