Professional Relations Manager – Field-based role with 5-6 days in the office per month (Uxbridge)
To build and maintain strong relationships with UK-based national and international Key Opinion Leaders and Brand Advocates, and to leverage these relationships to achieve commercial wins for the company.
As a key member of the brand team, provide insights on customers that align to organisational goals, and help shape future strategies. To develop and deliver clinical KOL advocacy plans in order to support the achievement of company objectives. To mobilise KOL advocates to cascade expert opinion and modify medical practice to drive recommendation and uptake of new Cardiovascular products and improve patient experience.
To act as an ambassador for the company with external KOLs at a national and regional level.
Accountabilities and Measurements
1. Develop and implement a clinical Key Opinion Leader and brand advocacy plan, that aligns to brand strategy and as a key part of the brand plan, working collaboratively with other key stakeholders as an integral member of the brand team to drive cascade of positive medical opinion.
2. Engage with, develop strong long-term relationships with, and directly manage top tier (Market Shapers) Key Opinion Leaders and Brand Advocates, Key Rising Stars and professional bodies, and leverage these relationships to deliver commercial wins for Daiichi Sankyo brands in line with the Daiichi Sankyo values.
3. Provide strategic input to the Head of Marketing and Launch Lead so that high quality decisions are made to drive commercial outcomes for the organisation.
4. Provide leadership to the organisation and brand team so that advocacy development becomes a core organisational capability adopted across the company.
5. Develop and deploy up-to-date customer, competitor and market knowledge to leverage national sales; as the Professional Relations Manager will have key responsibilities working with the most influential clinical experts in the UK, the ability to achieve high levels of credibility with national and international experts in the field of cardiovascular/lipidology medicine is essential.
6. Assist fellow employees and deliver ad hoc requests when asked.
• Previous successful experience managing high-profile KOL relationships at a national level in the cardiovascular and lipidology therapy area with pre-existing relationships in this field.
• Expert level of understanding the NHS
• High levels of communication and influencing skills
• Strong clinical and therapy area experience in the cardiovascular and lipidology arena
• Interpersonal skills allowing effective working with different teams
• Good presentation skills
• Demonstrable high levels of commercial awareness, and strategic and business acumen
• Recent launch experience within the NHS
• Good understanding of brand planning process, marketing concepts and techniques, including experience of utilising the digital channel.
• Strong organisational and planning skills with excellent time management. Driven and committed with a strong sense of urgency; possess a strong sense of responsibility to meet strict deadlines, and able to work under own initiative (self-starter).
• Experience managing multiple activities and prioritising own workload as well as attention to detail with a ‘complete and finish’ approach to work.
• Positive “can-do” attitude: proactive with a solutions-focussed approach to managing problems.
• Negotiation skills theory and practice
• Strong numerical and data analysis skills/capability (forecasting and planning)
• Ability to track budget across a large number of projects.
• Degree qualified or equivalent, preferably life sciences
• Full driving licence and the ability to travel throughout the region
• Competent user of Microsoft Office software products
• Ability to work in a dynamic, pressurised and fast-paced environment
• ABPI qualified with high levels of personal integrity
• Able to identify with company corporate values
• Previous project management qualifications
• Demonstrable skills in plan implementation and managing metrics
• Proven ability to lead and develop others
• Commercial experience working closely with customers in the cardiovascular arena to deliver commercial results, in particularly the anticoagulation and/ or lipid management
• Successful project co-ordination and/or management of National level initiatives.
Professional Relations / KOL development / Cardiovascular / Lipid-lowering / Statins / Congress & Events / ABPI / Pharmaceutical Industry