Fish Pharma Recruitment Limited (company number 07609373) (“Fish Pharma”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all candidates, clients and users of our website. Our aim is to provide a secure, safe user experience. We will make sure that any information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices, we use only for the purposes defined in this policy.
- how Fish Pharma collects your personal data either from our website, electronically, manually or in any other way specifically defined in this Policy
- the types of data we gather
- how we use this information
- how you should contact us if you want to correct, amend or access your personal data, or if you want to raise an enquiry or complaint.
When you provide us with, or we collect, your personal data in the manner described in this Policy, you agree that we may process all such personal data as we describe in the Policy.
This Policy describes the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
Fish Pharma only collects personal data that we find necessary for our business functions or services (which we describe below). Unless the law requires, we do not disclose or use your personal data for any new purpose unless you give permission.
The Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
When we disclose your personal data to a potential client, Fish Pharma will use “Consent” as the most appropriate lawful basis for the personal data collection. Before sharing your information with prospective clients, we will always ask for your consent.
When we automatically collect personal data, such as
- when you visit our site
- when you send us your CV, either via a CV Database or Job Board
- when we collect information about you from prospective clients (through feedback on your application)
we will use “Legitimate Interests” for doing so. See the section below, “The information we collect and how we use it.”
1. The information we collect and how we use it
Fish Pharma is a professional pharmaceutical and healthcare recruitment company. When you give us a copy of your CV, a cover letter or email or similar documentation containing your personal data, we will hold this information, use it and disclose it in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a client, a user of our website, an employee or a candidate.
- To enable submission of your CV for general applications, to apply for jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts service (see the separate section on your CV below which defines additional uses and disclosures).
- To match your details with job vacancies, to help us to find a suitable post for you and to send your personal information (including potentially sensitive personal information) to clients, enabling you to apply for jobs.
- To answer your enquiries.
- To market directly services and products, inform you of industry updates, relevant news, events, competitions and promotions, reports and other information. Whenever we do this, we will invite you to unsubscribe from these communications.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with you and with our clients.
- To trusted third parties, whom we have retained in order to provide services that you or our clients have requested. Examples include qualifications, references and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of details you have provided from third parties, skills tests or psychometric evaluations. These third parties stipulate similar and privacy undertakings regarding confidentiality and privacy as Fish Pharma.
- To third parties who carry out services on our behalf and who also provide us with services, such as IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, professional advisors, and research and mailing houses. These third parties stipulate and comply with similar undertakings regarding privacy and confidentiality as Fish Pharma.
- If Fish Pharma or its business is acquired by or merges with another company or business, we may share personal data with the new business or company owners and their advisors. If this happens, we will send you due notice.
- If they require us to do so, we may also release personal data to law enforcement or regulatory agencies. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
- We may also ask for your permission to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not included here.
- Our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse movements, mouse clicks, page scrolling, as well as text keyed into website forms. We use such data to improve our website usability. We store the information and use it for aggregated and statistical reporting. We do not share the information with any other party.
2. Information we receive from other sources
We work with third parties, which include sub-contractors in accounts, technical, advertising networks, human resources and search consultants. We will advise you whenever they supply us with information about you and about the purposes for which we plan to use that information.
Where you consent to us to apply for a vacancy advertised on your behalf by a prospective client, we may receive that client’s opinions and feedback on your application. This could, for example, include feedback on your CV or on interviews that you attend. We may receive this information by telephone or email.
We may need to conduct right to work checks, fraud protection, criminal background and credit checks. To help us with these, we may receive information from external third-party search providers.
3. For how long do we keep the information?
If, on your initial application, we’re unable to find you a suitable role, we may retain your application information. We will then contact you if a future suitable vacancy arises. We keep this data to ensure we offer you appropriate roles. We will keep such information for as long as is needed.
To calculate how long we need to keep personal data for, we take into account
- its quantity, nature, and sensitivity
- the likelihood of an appropriate role arising
- the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information
- the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes in any other way
- the necessary legal requirements.
4. Job Alerts
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will need to supply your e-mail address. We will use this to keep you informed about the latest jobs and/or industry news. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, you can unsubscribe from any job alert email we send you.
- Curriculum vitae (“CV”)
You will be able to submit your CV through our website or by providing it to one of our consultants. This might be to apply for a specific advertised job or to enable our consultants to consider you for future positions.
We will store your CV in the Fish Pharma database. Fish Pharma recruitment consultants will be able to access it.
You will be able to update your CV at any time. This can be via our website or through one of our recruitment consultants.
Provided your details match with previous applications (e.g. surname and email address), or you advise a recruitment consultant of your new submission, we will archive your old CV.
- Aggregate Information about Fish Pharma online visitors
We collect data and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website (for example, which area users access the site most often and which services users access the most). We only use this data in the aggregate form. This helps us to calculate what is most useful for our users and how we can improve our online services, with the aim of creating an enhanced overall experience for our users. We might also conduct marketing profiling to aid us in identifying services or jobs which may be of use to you.
7. Your Rights
You are entitled to the following with your regard to your personal data that we hold:
- The right to be informed of the reasons for collecting and processing your personal data – as outlined in this Policy
- The right of access to your personal information at any time. You are entitled to obtain
– confirmation that your data is being processed
– access to your personal data
– access to other supplementary information
This largely corresponds to the information that we outline in this Policy.
- The right to rectification –to amend your personal data.
- The right to erasure – to erase any or all of your personal data, or the right to be forgotten (RTBF).
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to portability –the right to ask for a copy of your personal data for your own purposes.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
To make a request for information, please contact:
8. Other websites
Please note – clicking on banner advertisements and links on our website may result in you being transferred to other websites, where data privacy practices may be different from those of Fish Pharma. Web visitors should consult those websites’ privacy policies. We are not responsible for, nor do we have control over, information submitted to or collected by these third parties.
9. Internet-based transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
10. Equal Opportunities
Fish Pharma is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity. Consequently, all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment. We will not discriminate on grounds of marital status, gender, ethnic origin, colour, race or nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age.
As part of this commitment, we may use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. We will only do this anonymously.
If you no longer wish to receive information or future communications about our services, please let us know, using one of the following means –
By email – info@FishPharmajobs.co.uk
By writing to us at
Data Protection Controller
Fish Pharma Recruitment Ltd
The Old School House
1 Castle Lane
Cookies are text files placed on your computer which collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour data. We use this to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. The above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, you may found that, if you remove cookies from your browser, this may impact negatively on some of our website features.
Cookies used on our website –
Google Analytics ~ Collects analytics data to help us improve our website ~ expires: 3 months
wordpress_* ~ allows login and account controls ~ session
wp-settings_* ~ allows login and account controls ~ session
BIGipServerTethys ~ standard page navigation activity cookie ~ session
TS* ~ hosting server load balancing ~ session
There follows a list of names of the cookies we currently use on this website. Each cookie includes a short description of what the cookie does and its expiry time.
13. Security of your Personal Data
Fish Pharma takes appropriate and reasonable measures to keep your personal data safe and secure. We have applied security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we keep. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Our procedures cover the retention, storage, disclosure of and access to your data.
We never modify or disclose your personal data to a third party other than as described in this policy. We constantly monitor measures which seek to secure the information that we collect, and its proper use.